The Buena Vista neighbourhood was within the city limits at the time of Saskatoon’s incorporation in 1906. The subdivision west of Lorne Avenue was marketed by three Saskatoon real estate men: W.H. Coy, A. MacDougall and F.E. Guppy. All three eventually had streets named after them; Coy Avenue is still in existence. In 1910 house lots in the area were being advertised for $275.
Buena Vista Park, developed in 1911-1912, was designed by U. Morell, a noted landscape architect from Minneapolis. According to a 1913 map of registered subdivisions, the riverbank portion of the current neighbourhood was originally named the Monroe Addition. The majority of residential construction was done before 1946, with a smaller amount up to 1960. After a few decades of very little construction, infill housing projects jumped starting after 1996.
An integral part of the neighbourhood is Buena Vista School, an elementary school in Saskatoon Public School Division. It was designed in the Collegiate Gothic style by Scottish architect David Webster, who had previously designed several similar-looking schools (King George, King Edward, Albert, Westmount, Caswell and Alexandra). The cornerstone was laid by school board secretary W.P. Bate on June 9, 1913 and the first rooms opened on April 1, 1914. Six more rooms opened in September of the same year.
*Text from Wikipedia.com*